It brings me great pleasure to announce to you all that NEXUS GATE 4037: THE ANIMAL is the winner of the Battle of the Books!
I’d like to take this moment to thank each and every person who took the time to read and vote. I’d also like to give special thanks to my blogging and writing community, those who hosted The Battle of the Books Blogging tour and those who cheered me on.
This was an amazing experience.
Now that the winner has been announced, the journey toward publication begins with a greater zeal.
Although this story, as well as its competitor, have been revised several times, there is still quite a bit of work left to do before this story hits the shelves.
WHAT LIES AHEAD:
- A final draft
- A final round of editing
- Cover art consideration
My goal is to have the finished copy on the eBook shelves by Fall 2017!
For those of you who were rooting for Warden, no worries. Warden will see its publication day. I will keep you posted on that.
If you didn’t get the chance to read the teaser chapters you can do so by following THIS LINK!
Again, thank you all for being part of this indie author journey!
As a person of faith, I fully believe that our world and existence is built upon Words. Words, positive or negative, or the source of life.
As speaking spirits–especially as writers–whether we are published or private practitioners, we have a great power to influence those who give us the gift of their time and attention by reading the words that we share.
For the last few years, my fuel for writing has come from the words of four writers I’ve had the pleasure of calling muses. From the words of these writers, and a fifth from a Pastor’s wife, I created ‘writing guidelines’ that have helped me to maintain creative focus and peace.
- “Let peace be your umpire.” ~Vicotria Osteen
- “Geez, I can write a better story than that.” So I got busy writing what I thought of as Science Fiction.”” ~Octavia E. Butler
- “I am the audience and I try and write a book that I would like now as a mature adult and that I would have enjoyed at thirteen or fourteen and upwards.” ~Garth Nix
- “The best way to convey a spiritual truth is by telling a story because stories work.” ~Frank Peretti“Don’t try to find truth by looking within yourself; you’re the one who’s confused.” ~Frank Peretti
- “Some, I stumble across watching in nature programs…watching my mother and sister produce blankets from balls of yarn and crochet hooks. I thought of it as a kind of magic and wondered what all could be done with thread and magic.” ~Tamora Peirce
These are the quotes that have created my word-world of focus. These are the ‘muscles’ that have strengthened my belief in my craft.
As a visitor to this guestbook I ask that you share the words that have inspired you the most, be they words that have sharpened your creativity or words that have blessed you to get up every morning and face a new day with hope.
I look forward to greeting you in the comments below!
Thanks for sharing your heart.
*To read the full blog post of my writing guidelines and what they are, you can do so by visiting my sister site www.icameforthesoup.com. An updated version of the post is coming soon.